Skip to Main Content

Occupational Tax Certification

Occupational Tax Certificate (Business Licenses)

Looking to open a new business in Rincon? City Hall is your one-stop source for all you need to get started. Here’s how:

To obtain an OTC (business license), contact Building and Zoning to verify the location of your business. You can do so by calling 826-5996, or e-mailing, or stopping by Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Complete an Occupational Tax/Business License application and submit for review to Building and Zoning. Once your application has been reviewed, it will then be processed.

Fees are due when your application is submitted and are based on your number of full time equivalent employees.

To use the online Commercial Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) application, click here.  To use the Home Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) application, click here.  To use the Alcohol License application, click here. Complete forms must be submitted in person at Rincon City Hall at 302 S. Columbia Avenue (corner of Hwy 21 and Weisenbaker Road).

The Effingham Chamber of Commerce also offers helpful resources for starting your business in our area. You can reach them by calling 912-754-3301 or by visiting them at


Special Event Permits

Want to hold a special event in Rincon for your organization or group? Rincon offers great access and a prime location that can help make your event a success. Special event permits require:

Completed application submitted at least two weeks prior to event date

  • Letter from property owner granting permission for event to be held on his or her property
  • $100 nonrefundable application fee (there is no charge for non-profit organizations)
  • Proof of insurance or other required documentation as applicable (see Permit) at least one week in advance of event

Applicants will be notified of event approval once all applications and documentation have been provided. Click here for an online Special Events Permit Application.


Who to Contact

Planning & Development
(912) 826-5996 or
(912) 826-2270